REPORT OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The BOARD OF DIRECTORS of IACO met on Friday, 23rd November 2018, in Hotel NOMAD of Libreville, Republic of Gabon, under the Chairmanship of Mr. INOLA ZE Paul-Henry, the Deputy Director of Caisse Café Cacao (CAISTAB), Gabon.
The following Member States were present: Angola, Benin, Burundi, Cameroun, Côte d’Ivoire, Congo RD, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Sierra Leone, Togo et Uganda.
The Agenda was adopted after amendment. Delegates expressed their satisfaction and thanks were expressed to IACO General Secretariat and the General Assembly for the choice of Gabon to host these meetings. Member States reiterated their commitment to the organisation.
The Secretary General presented an issues paper outlining the status of measures decided by the Board meeting at the 57th AGA held in Grand Bassam, Republic of Côte d’Ivoire. After an oral presentation of the different reports, highlighting keys points including decisions and recommendations of the Board of Directors meetings held in Grand Bassam at the 57th General Assembly, in Mexico City and London during the 121st and 122nd Session of ICO Council, the reports were adopted subject to comments and recommendations as follows :
● The increase in the minimum contribution from XOF 2 million to XOF 5 million. It was then acknowledged that this minimum contribution had remained unchanged for more than 20 years, thus overdue ;
● After the SG’s presentation on the postponement of the annual Audit due to financial constraints, it was resolved that the was to be commissioned as soon as funds become available, since an Audit firm had already been selected ;
● With regard to the start of construction of the IACO headquarters building, while expressing its gratitude to the Government of the Republic of Côte d'Ivoire, the Board strongly encouraged the Secretary General to take all necessary steps with the Government to expedite the related administrative formalities;
● Togo and Ghana are admitted to the Board in replacement of Angola and Tanzania with respect to the resolution of the Board Meeting of 18th Sept 2018 relative to the suspension of votes ;
● For the Finance Committee, it was recommended that DR Congo, whose votes are suspended be replaced by Cameroon ;
● Member States were urged to pay their dues to IACO so as to ensure that the Secretariat has the means to deliver the required services to the Members.
The Chairs of the Technical Committees gave an oral presentation in highlighting the salient points of their reports to the Board for consideration before submission to the General Assembly for adoption.
The budget of 701,119 Euros, for 2018/19 was adopted, for approval by the General Assembly.
From the presentations of the different Chairpersons of the various Committees, it was resolved that the Secretariat was to provide a matrix that indicates all the required action points, expected deliverables with key performance indicators (KPIs), also indicating responsibility whether of Member States or the Secretariat. This was to be sent out as soon as possible for Members to validate each matrix.
A select Committee appointed to study the recommendations of the consultant on the proposed revised texts of IACO was to receive the ToR from the Secretariat as soon as possible.
In AOB, IACO Secretary General took the floor to report on the initiative taken after the London meeting to send letters to Heads of State of the member countries to raise awareness on the importance to be given to the coffee industry in their countries.
Before closing the meeting, the Chair thanked the member states for their active participation and indicated that these reports will be submitted to the General Assembly for adoption.
Technical Committee Reports
REPORT OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS